L–Citrulline is an amino acid that has been found to play an important role in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism and regulation. L-Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine in the body, leading to increases in both L-Arginine and nitric oxide. Increased production of nitric oxide promotes vascular dilation, which helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body.
The pharmacokinetic advantage of L-Citrulline is that it is not subject to any elimination by the liver prior to entering the bloodstream. Conversely, L-Arginine is subject to extensive elimination by the gut wall and liver.
The majority of L-Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine in the kidney.
Once in circulation, L-Arginine is readily converted into L-Citrulline and nitric oxide, which in turn serves as an L-Arginine precursor (see figure below).
CONVERSION FROM ARG (L-ARGININE) TO CIT
ABSORPTION OF L-ARGININE AND L-CITRULLINE
*CIT ingestion enables effective supply of ARG to the whole body
ROLES OF CIT IN THE BODY
• Influences on blood vessels: Actions via NO production, vasodilation, blood flow acceleration
• Ammonia detoxification: Action as a component of the L-ornithine cycle
• Antioxidant effect: An active oxygen radical scavenger (potent quencher of hydroxyl radical)
* Citrulline Malate is mixed 1:1 (Malic Acid + L-Citrulline). Basically, the L-Citrulline is cut in half!
** Most brands use Citrulline Malate 1:1 ratio due to cost (cheap) – 50% less per kg than pure L-Citrulline.
BENEFITS OF KAGED MUSCLE L-CITRULLINE
• FERMENTATION DERIVED VS. SYNTHETIC
• GRAS APPROVED
• ONLY CITRULLINE ACTUALLY MANUFACTURED IN THE USA (NOT OVERSEAS)
DARE TO COMPARE OUR L-CITRULLINE TO THE COMPETITION
Note: Manufacturers continually change product specifications. While we try our best to keep product descriptions up to date, they do not necessarily reflect the latest information available from the manufacturer. We are not responsible for incorrect or outdated product descriptions and/or images.
Servings Per Container: 100
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
L-Citrulline (fermented) 2 g